Healthcare Providers and Payers
COVID-19 PCR Active Infection Test
Who should be tested?
Those with COVID-19 symptoms or who meet the testing criteria established by the CDC.
Labcorp Test Number
Physicians can order 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), NAA 139900
Where are samples collected?
- At a hospital, healthcare provider office or other designated testing location under supervision of a healthcare provider
- At an individual's home using Provider-initiated Labcorp At Home
- At an individual's home using Patient-initiated Pixel by Labcorp™
- As of August 26, 2020, the current average time to deliver results for the COVID-19 swab test is 1-2 days from the date of specimen pickup.
- Delivered to the ordering physician's EMR or Labcorp Link
Patients can order an at-home collection kit or visit a physician's office for testing.
Labcorp also offers COVID-19, Flu & RSV combined testing, which can be ordered by a physician.
- Labcorp COVID-19 Specimen Collection Guide (Illustrated)
- Nasopharyngeal Wash and Nasopharyngeal Aspirate Specimen Collection for COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 Direct Observed Patient Specimen Collection
- SARS-CoV-2 Specimen Collection Supplies Q&A
- COVID-19 Nucleic Acid Amplification Nasal Swab (Anterior Nares) Collection for Healthcare Providers
- COVID-19 PCR Testing Specimen Collection Grid
- COVID-19 RT-PCR Test (anterior nares) specimen collection instructions (foam swab)
- Labcorp At Home COVID-19 Test Collection Service
Labcorp’s COVID-19 PCR test has not been FDA cleared or approved, has been authorized by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), and has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens. The test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
COVID-19 Information and Resources
Have a Question?
Find answers to the most common Provider and Payer questions about COVID-19 testing.
Get Started with Labcorp
Set up a new account or request a visit to your office by one of our representatives to discuss our services.